Here are details of accessibility of parts of the hotel and guest
rooms, so that our guests can make informed decisions as to our
appropriateness for a supported stay.
General accessibility of parts of the property and facilities of the Arbors at Island Landing Hotel in Pigeon Forge
Please note that we are in renovations that will be making more parts of the hotel fully accessible.
- There are 6 ADA accessible parking spaces adjacent to the main walk way to the elevator, which is, of course, roll-in and out.
- The walk way has sloped ramps access to the parking level, of course.
- Front Desk Lobby – free snacks and beverages all day and all night
- The access is from two directions, both with ramp access nearby.
- The snacks and beverages are accessible from a wheel chair.
- Breakfast access
- Across the street – 6 lines to cross, so we advise driving, please.
- Ryan’s House of Pancakes is fully accessible, with ADA parking.
- The pool area is accessed by a side ramp entrance to left of main, stair access.
- As of June, 2019, there will be access into pools by ADA lift. Staff is available to assist 9AM to 10:30PM most days.
- Access to the Parkway
- There are no ramps required for Parkway access.
- The meadow has a rough trail access, all rolling but not a gradual ADA incline. You will need to use caution and brakes.
- Bon fire in meadow is accessible over grass.
- Fire pit in middle of parking island is not accessible with crossing a five inch curb.
- ADA Rooms are in the process of renovation.
- Guest Room Details:
- Wheelchair-accessible rooms available – 5, one on each floor, close to elevator
- All have high toilets, wide door access, open area for chair under vanity, and shower/tub combo
- Some have grab bars through out and lipped standup shower, with hand held additional sprayer.
- ADA-compliant access routes
- Accessible door locks, heating, cooling and lighting controls
- Rearrangeable furniture layouts
- Adequate clear turning space in bathrooms
- Tub and shower with grab bars, some with mor extensive, some with lipped shower access and no tub
- Portable bathtub seats
- Handheld shower with hose
- Safety bar in shower
- Bathroom doors open outwards in accessible rooms
- Accessible bathroom controls
- Bath chairs and stools, additional toilet supports are available. The front desk will have them brought to your room on request.