What is our cabin, “Oconaluftee” like?
Sleeps: up to 6
Stars: 3 Star economical
Can be paired with neighboring cabin, 2 beds, 1 bath – Moonshine Ridge
The Real Skinny
- Our cabin, Oconaluftee, really is an economical, secluded woods experience set on 7 acres of hill-side; we’ll let the photos above speak for us.
- It really is 12 minutes from downtown Pigeon Forge- and on a road that is not traffic challenged.
- It really is in the woods and that is the view – woods.
- It really is simply decorated so as to keep the rent economical.
- It really has a deck-porch, woods view, with hot tub and rockers.
- Yes, there is one challenge – the 1/5th mile driveway is steep with just one switchback.
- Yes, there is a 365/24/7 outdoor heated pool available to you, 20 minutes away at your “Downtown Club” – at Arbors at Island Landing Hotel.
- We really do have incredible cancellation and insurance arrangements for our guests. We treat our guests as we would our FAMILY. Have a look at the Deposit/Cancellation tab below.
- Can be rented rented with Moonshine Ridge cabin for a secluded multi family get-away.
- Yes it has all the bedding and kitchen equipment that you need. Just bring food and smiles.
- Lovingly cared for by Arbors Hotel and your hosts, Lu and Jerry Calhoun.
– For all the details that you need, please see the below tabs.
–– Or just call Jerry on the number below
[button type=”alt” size=”medium” icon=”icon-check”] To Book – Call Jerry on 352 613 2176 [/button]
[button href=”https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/27126841″ type=”alt” target=”_blank” size=”medium” icon=”icon-check”] Book Online Here Through AirBnB [/button]
[tab title=”Description” icon=””]
– 2 bedroom, 1 sleeper sofa, 1 bath, sleeps 6, porch-balcony, hot tub, gas fireplace
– overlooking wooded hill-side
– 4 mi – 12 mins from Pigeon Forge, 10 mi- 35 mins from Gatlinburg
– Fully equipped open plan kitchen with farmhouse size dining table.
– 900 SF
[tab title=”Features” icon=””]
– manufactured log cabin with wood paneled interiors
– 1 deck/porch to relax and rock away the hours
– Peaceful, woods view
– Hot tub on deck – with view, of course.
– Abundant wildlife including bears
– Plenty of free parking in turn around
– Steep drive that however does not require 4 wheel drive
– 3 HD flat screen TVs
– HD cable in every room
– Free Wi-Fi
– Complimentary spa products
– 2 queen size beds
– 1 queen sleeper sofas
– Fully equipped kitchen
– Washer & dryer – with complimentary supplies
– All linens and towels provided
– Hair dryer
– FREE use of gas fireplace all year round
– Your own “DownTown Club” membership for all the facilities and rewards rates at Arbors at Island Landing Hotel in the heart of town. Park, walk, play, swim, hot tub, fish, games. entertainment, and learning workshops
usually 2 nights
Check in 4pm.
Check-in is remote- you will be sent directions and a code for access, although we are always available 24/7.
Check out 10 am.
After check-out, you are welcome at your “DownTown Club at Arbors Hotel, where you will have use of pool, hot tub, snacks, beverages and parking.
Dogs are NOT permitted.
Extra Guests – over sleeping total of 6: at $18 pp per night.
Incredible Cancellation Benefits
– Cancel up to 7 days before arrival and we will happily refund your entire deposit – yes, the whole deposit and no hidden charges. Is that fair enough?
– Cancel 7-2 days, we happily refund all except one night’s stay plus tax. Fair enough?
– Cancel 1 to day of arrival, we will happily try to re-book you at another time as available using all of your funds on deposit for the new booking.
This way, we all trust and care for each other.
– This is standard – 50% at time of reservation, then remaining 50% at thirty days before arrival.
From $85 to $175 a night with generally 2 nights minimum
$85 per stay
Dogs are NOT permitted
Over 6 adults and children, additional charges of $18 per person per night.
Usually 2 nights, but please give us a call on 352 613 2176 .
[tab title=”Getting Around” icon=””]
[tab title=”Kitchen Details” icon=””]
– Pots, pans, blender, food processor, coffee maker, plastic storage bowls, spices, aluminum foil and cellophane wrap, tea and starter coffee with filters
– Place settings for 6
[tab title=”Beds” icon=””]
– Full sleeper sofas
[tab title=”Story” icon=””]
The Naming of the cabin
Oconaluftee is named after the Oconaluftee River which flows through the Eastern Cherokee Reservation; a town on it was called Egwonulati, from e-gwo-ni plus nu-la-ti [“beside”]. In speech, the name became Egwonul’ti, the eclipsed “a” becoming a nearly aspirated sound that made the name sound to those not fluent in Cherokee as “Uhquonulfti,” which came out as Oconaluftee [pronounced “oh-KOH-na-LUFF-tee”]. A fairly good modern translation of the old town name would be “Riverside.” The present town of Tsisquohi [Birdtown] is on about the same site.
But we are not near a river, up here on the hillside. We just like sound of the vowels and consonants rolling over each other.
Wildlife visits the cabin.
- Our guests may see wild turkey, squirrels, raccoons and of course bears.
- We strongly advise against feeding them or harassing them in any way as they are wild creatures. Then there is the mamma bear and her 3 cubs that also frequent our home.
My husband, Jerry, and I, Lu, along with our daughter, Polly, have decorated this luxury Five Star Pigeon Forge cabin with all the goodies and refinements that we feel our guests with be pretty pleased with.